Friday, January 8, 2010

Note to Baby


Dearest Baby,

Your mommy and daddy are still waiting for you.

It feels like such a long time since we started planning for your arrival.  God has given us more time to get ready for you than we ever expected we'd have.  It is hard waiting, but, we know that when you enter our lives we'll be more than ready for you.  We know that with every day that passes, we are learning life lessons that will make us an even better mommy and daddy to you, someday.

I have been writing and sharing this story about our journey to find you.  Someday I will put this story into a book and read it to you as a bedtime story.  I hope when you hear this story, you will know just how much you were loved and wanted before you were even born.  We don't know how or when the angels will bring you into our lives...but, we know it will happen and we will love you more than you can imagine.

Do you know what amazes me?  Just how many people already love you.  People tell me all the time how much they are praying for you and hoping you arrive soon.   You already have so many family members and friends who can't wait to meet you, too.  I am already a little worried about how much love and attention you will get.  Your dog, Kramer, will probably be a little jealous...you see, he's used to getting all of the attention all to himself around here.   ;)  

So, we know that God will continue to hold you while we wait for the day he passes you into our arms.  He must be enjoying you too much to let you go just yet....I can almost picture it.   Until that day, we'll hold you in our hearts and try to patiently wait for the day you become our little miracle.

With love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful love letter - - you amaze me!! I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

This just makes me ball and your words in this blog just amaze me! Someday when you print this book, I want a copy too. :) Thinking and praying for us. ~Heather~

Anonymous said...

This just makes me ball and your words in this blog just amaze me! Someday when you print this book, I want a copy too. :) Thinking and praying for us. ~Heather~

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Beth. Your gift for writing and your strength amaze me. Blessing to both you and Patrick.

Mary J.

Rebekah Crosby said...

Love you, girl. Thanks for making me cry so early in the a.m. Sending my prayers your way.