Monday, February 8, 2010

Stop and Smell the Honey

Thirteen Reasons Why We Have  
Loved  
Stopping Infertility Treatments:

13.  Peace!
12.  No fear of cysts or the birth control that follows. 
11.  No counting days and trying to predict appointments.

10.  I don't have to call anyone on Day 1.
9.  Freedom!
8. The lack of stress is incredible in more ways than one.
7.  No doc bills! ;)
6.  Fun with friends and family w/o worrying about meds or appointments interfering.

5.  Getting our priorities back on track.  ;)
4.  No Clomid or the mood swings and night sweats that accompany it.
3.  Did I mention FREEDOM?!  ;)
2.  Champagne and Starbucks at any time, with zero guilt.  
and... 
1.  Getting healthy and balanced - Losing weight (or, ahem....trying), working out (back at Zumba and getting to know Jillian Michaels all too well), and taking care of "us" (all 3 of us).  ;)  

 
 
Really, Pooh says it best.  We'll have plenty of time for a family.  
We are stopping to savor the moments before that happens.  I feel lucky that we have this time in our lives to stop and smell the "honey."
***
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.  Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. 
~A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Tasha Landwehr said...

Brent and I would love to hang out one night when you still have your freedom!! We've only gone out once ourselves since our last hurrah!!! Let's plan!!