Thursday, June 24, 2010

Journey Update


 ***
Last month, we lost another early pregnancy.  This is not being posted to invoke pity or sympathy - but rather to encourage all who are genuinely traveling this journey in search of our miracle.  Patrick and I have been able to get pregnant, again.   Of course the loss was heart breaking but it was very early - technically another chemical pregnancy (if you've been following this blog that was what happened a year ago in July).   I will not need surgery (thank God) and we will be able to keep "trying" in a few months.

Our doctor is extremely optimistic about our future family.   We trust his judgment completely.  He is an amazing, wise, and honest doctor who suggests 100% that we continue fighting for our miracle.  We are grateful and extremely encouraged.

As always, we thank you for your continued prayers and support.  We'll take as many cheerleaders in our corner as we can get.  ;)
***
There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.  
~Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, 1820

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hi. This is Becca, Stephanie's friend, the author of the essay about infertility and loss that you posted a while back.

Stephanie shared your blog address with me when you posted the essay I wrote. I'm so glad you found the essay helpful...I'm so glad to be able to do anything that helps people who are on your journey. And I *love* the quotation you put at the end of it. I actually borrowed it when I posted my essay on my own blog spot just now.

Your blog is *amazing*. You are clearly a strong woman who will get though this journey. Have faith. You will get to be a mom. It's not a matter of *if*. It's just a matter of when.

I'm sorry for your recent loss. As you know, I know first hand how hard that is. I wish you the best in your journey and I'm going to keep following your blog, if that's okay with you. :)

Becca

4th Grade Updates said...

Becca, love that you found me. ;) I feel a kindred connection to you via your essay and would consider it nothing less than an honor to have you in our corner following our blog.

:)

Tasha said...

Bethany, I'm so sorry for this. And I miss you. Can't wait to hang out again. I will be out of town on vacation until the 11th. Please save a date for us to "play"!