Last week, I began a new class at my local YMCA. It uses kettlebells. I love it. I love the workout - but - I also love learning something new. I think it helps me be a better teacher when I put myself in the roll of the student from time to time.
In fact, earlier this winter, Patrick and I - along with a group of neighbors - attended a curling lesson. I guess when a group of super fun people invite you to do something out of the ordinary, you'd be stupid to say, "no," right? It was a hoot. Let's just say that we are now the proud owners of not one, not two, but THREE curling trophies! (...ok, the trophies were kind of a joke, but - Patrick was quite the star.....even with an impressive digger on the ice, and we DID win....even though I'm not sure how). ;) Who knew my husband was so competitive? Who else knew that my husband was a natural-born curler?? sheesh. Yes, random....but fun none-the-less. And, really - what else is there to do in the dead of winter in MN?
So, anyway. Yes - I like learning new things. This kettle bell class is just one I'd like to plug. The workout hurts so good, and, I'm meeting some very fun women who are morning people who don't mind if I show up at 5:30am without a stitch of make-up on. (In fact, I doubt they'd recognize me fully made up). ;)
Here is a little more information. I'll also include a link to the Mankato YMCA which is where I take classes. YMCA
Best Kettlebell Workouts
Kettlebell workouts have been around for a few centuries now but are now more popular than ever due to the amazing intense workouts that kettlebells offer.Kettlebell's have stood the test of time and have proven themselves over and over to be an amazing piece of exercise equipment that is versatile, portable, can be used anywhere and it is devastatingly effective!
This strange exercise tool that resembles a cannon ball with a handle on it is one hell of an intense and powerful way to lose weight, gain muscle, build up fitness and get energized and healthy all in around 20 - 30 minutes.
You can get amazing results super fast.
***
One more thing.....Kramer and I are also starting a class in March, together, learning something new. I can't wait. Stay tuned! ;)***
Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.
~Vernon Howard


1 comment:
Hey, I do kettlebells or balls (?) at 5:45 a.m. in my city!!! Wish it was the same one you are at :) We do other crazy things too, like flip over GIANT tires and swing sledge hammers, hehe. But its the good hurt, even at 5:45 a.m. Again, wish it was the same town.
Post a Comment