We had fun. Kramer (aka "Ruff" as she called him) had more fun.
"Ruff" loved to play with her (and her toys....sigh). We chased down several little animals, people, dolls - I guess that's why they call them "retrievers!"
....realizing that 2 year olds tend to drop a lot of crumbs. ;)
Everything was interesting to "Ruff" - he never left her side.....especially when he heard the squeals coming from the bathroom during bath time.
Reading "Ruff" books.
***
Patrick and I had fun playing house last weekend. We kept saying this was 180 degrees opposite from our normal weekends. It certianly made us look forward to having one of our own someday - but - it also validated just how great we have it now. No kidding. At the end of the day on Sunday, our biggest realization was just how little we spoke to each other while we had a two year old in the house. With the exception of, "can you grab me this?" or "can you watch her while I..." we hadn't said much to each other. It made us realize just how blessed we are to have had time alone over the past 5 years.
I am more than certain that kids are the most loveable, blessed, miraculous "marriage distraction" ever. I also know that they also bond you in a way nothing else can. For now, we'll stick to babysitting and continue hoping and praying for the day we have our own.
"Ruff" can hardly wait. ;)
***
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman
2 comments:
I am still cracking up over "Ruff's" name :) Hehe.
Fun! And I am sure, very different, indeed. Wish we lived closer so my 2 year old could play with Ruff!! :)
Post a Comment