Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Girls' Get-Away: Texas 2011

I can't even begin to explain just how necessary my annual trips to TX are to my well-being.  It is amazing to reconnect with friends who were my family for almost 5 years in college.  The beauty of our friendship is that we meet up once a year and pick up like no time has been lost.  We have been meeting at the lake - upon arriving the first bottle of wine is opened - and the chatter (and laughter) begins.  It doesn't cease until we pack our bags and head out three days later.  We talk about everything from families to marriage - reminisce about college and friends - laugh about memories and inside jokes....it certainly did this over-worked girl some good this summer!!!  ;) 

In addition to our chats and laughs - this year, we picked up an old game that used to be a staple in our college senior year....SPADES.  So fun.  I'll say it again, it wasn't so much that Nat and I "won" - but that Marian and Jaime "lost."  Our homemade card still makes me laugh. 

Another perk of my most recent visits is that I get the chance to spend time with my friends' families.  I had the pleasure of hanging out at the Kayda residence this go 'round.  These boys couldn't be cuter - and it is fun to see how my friends parent. 

Of course, I'm taking notes.  I admire the way they have kept their own lives/hobbies/passions and social lives while still being great moms.  I see too many woman who have children and lose themselves.  I think it is so admirable and so important for women to maintain their loves and lives even after having children. 

Here are the boys with their new fish - the boys named them "Steven" and "Spikes Mario."  Funny....

Thanks, Nat, Marian, and Jaime - love our visits.  
Now...let's talk Baylor Football!
***
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley

1 comment:

Marian Adrian said...

So great of you to always come down!! I love my Beth time too!! Miss you already, and yes FOR SURE football season!!