Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week in Review





DES MOINES:

We had a wonderful, quick! visit in Des Moines last weekend.  My cousin got married - so - we enjoyed a quick visit with the Funaro side.  It is so nice to have the time to spend with my grandma now.  She is 90 years old and we don't know how many more visits we'll get to have with her.  She is an amazing little (see below) woman.


The wedding was great - she was bummed she had to go in a wheelchair, but, Patrick took great care of her.  One of the many reasons I married this man....he is so good to my family - and they adore him.  He had a close eye on grandma all night and while the rest of us were visiting, eating, drinking and dancing, he stayed by her to make sure she was in the perfect "spot" in her wheelchair.  She did not enjoy the bumpy ride...but it made for some laughs for us.

....and her famous love knots....she has made them for every wedding in the family (and pretty sure for every handyman, postal worker, neighbor, friend, friend of a friend, friend of a friend of a friend, nurse, electrician, cousin, or passer-by that has crossed her path).

I recently cut my hair.  I might be morphing into my Aunt Mary Jo.  Who would ever know that she is a grandmother of 4??  I am hoping to age as well as she has!


Love to have these memories!
They are priceless. 

In addition - it has been a busy week!  I survived my first full week of teaching 4th grade and I am in heaven!  Don't get me wrong...it is NOT easy.  I am overwhelmed and stressed and nervous all of the time...however, I am at home, again.  I was meant to be a teacher.  I love how purposeful this job is.  Each and every minute of my day is worthwhile when I am teaching...and believe me, there are NOT enough of those minutes in a teacher's day!
Whew! 
 
 ***
Journey update:  Patrick and I continue to discuss our next steps.  There is an incredible sense of peace these days...I have come to understand how our lives are designed and how our paths are divinely orchestrated.  I believe that our family will come to be just as it is intended.  The stress is gone.  The worry is over.  Anxiety is no more.  We know our story will unfold just as it is supposed to and we are at peace with each and every opportunity we have in front of us.



 

***

I am thankful that in this moment, you are choosing to follow our journey.  You could be doing a hundred other things right now - and, the fact that you choose to take time out of your day to stay updated and love and pray for us is not something I take lightly.  Thank.  You.

No comments: