Monday, December 29, 2008

A Friend's Big News!

I just got off the phone with a very dear friend who had called me to tell me her big news...she's pregnant. She was hesitant and tearful when she told me her news because she didn't want to tell me for fear of hurting me. She has the most exciting news in the world...she should have been shouting it from the rooftops...but, she said she was sick over how to tell me because she hurts for me.

It must be a true friend that steps away from their own abounding joy and unending happiness to feel broken for others. My tears are flowing because I am honored and blessed to have a friend that puts my emptiness before her own fulfillment.

My friend announced her wonderful news to me knowing that it would hurt. She knew that I would be happy for her, but she also knew my heart would feel a little emptier after hearing that news. She knows me well.

Today, with heartfelt sincerity, I told her that I couldn't be happier for her. Today I allowed myself to cry again, because I do feel very empty. But, today, my newly pregnant friend stayed on the phone and cried with me.

Thank you and congratulations, friend.
***
This youtube video was shared by another close friend today. It speaks volumes about the bond women share as friends. We are all so blessed to have each other. Thanks, J...thanks to all my dear friends.
***

No comments: