
Journey Update:
(Now, on with the self-involved saga) :)
Today was incredible for Patrick and I.
We genuinely feel like we hit a "reset" button today with Dr. Cofman. He is a brilliant, comical, honest, and genuine doctor. Having been on this journey for over a year now, and having countless doctor's appointments, consultations and check-ups, we totally thought we knew it all. We honestly thought that this appointment was scheduled for us because we were at the end of our "biological baby-making rope." We were surprised to learn that Dr. Corfman believed we were just beginning.
Dr. Corfman looked us both in the eyes and turned everything we believed to be true about our situation upside down. We now have a 6 month plan laid out for us:
We will continue with new meds (Metformin and Clomid) and the same procedures (IUI) for the next 6 months. Our doctor here in Mankato is able to carry out Dr. Corfman's plan for now. That means our insurance will continue to cover parts of this plan. Whew! This also means that we will not have to drive to Minneapolis 3-4 times a month for check-ups and procedures. Whew, again!
Dr. Corfman did not promise us pregnancy. He did not suggest that he had the ANSWER for us. He did not even try to tell us that he could, for certain, get us pregnant. What he did was give us a plan. He gave us hope.
-
At the end of the 6 months we will re-evaluate. We will continue saving our pennies for bigger procedures (just in case). We will continue praying our weary little hearts out. We will continue to trust that it is, and always has been, in our loving God's hands.
So, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I truly consider your love, friendship and caring support my gift from God.
***
4 comments:
Anonymous me again... my husband and I went to a local resolve support group last night, it was great... we were able to meet wonderful people who were all struggling... we told stories, discuss possibilities... and just had a fabulous time under the current circumstances... anyhow... one book that I received last night is call Conquering Infertility not sure if you read it but I thought I would pass it along to you... it's all about the mind-body connection through fertility... any how, good luck to you guys... I will keep my fingers crossed and will say a prayer for you...
It is so great to have hope once again. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes (and a specialist) are just what the doctor ordered. I have to say, it gives me hope, too. Good luck to you both.
Hi,
I'm glad your appointment with Dr. Corfman went well. He's an empathetic Dr. I don't think I mentioned it to you at the conference but Alyssa was also diagnosed with PCOS during our journey. We were on a similar plan that Dr. Corfman put you on and it worked for us.
We're so happy that you have a plan and we're praying that it works.
Anthony
Well, Anthony...if it worked for you and Alyssa, I will only believe that this will work for us, too! ;) Thank you for your encouragement!!!
Gretchen, I will check that book out - so glad you had a great time at the RESOLVE support group. After the conference, I am SOLD on support groups. Wish we had one in the area.
Pats - it IS great to have hope again. I'm glad it gives you hope, too.
Post a Comment