Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun!



Patrick and I enjoyed a unique, educational, AND economical Valentine's Day date yesterday. ;) We started with our regular "coffee stop" and then drove up to St. Paul for the day.







I had scheduled a tour of the MN State Capitol for my "politics-loving" husband. If you know him, you know how passionate he is about government and politics - I just knew he would be totally into it...and, much to my surprise....we both loved it!

I encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to not only see but to learn more about your state government. Most capitols offer tours . It was FREE (gotta love that!) and really interesting.










Patrick often dreams outloud of someday becomming an elected official. That being said, he couldn't resist the opportunity to take the podium (it had been set up for an earlier rally). Here he is "taking questions" from the audience. ;)

After our tour, we made our way to Grand Avenue where we found a local pizzeria (The Italian Pie Shoppe). I'd recommend it to anyone! If you find yourself on Grand (or Eagan!), give it a try.


We then shopped a bit and drove back home to Mankato. We enjoyed dinner at home and watched a movie (Say Anything...my all time sappy favorite!). It was a Happy Valentine's Day!

***
You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.

~Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum"

***

No comments: