Aside from facebook, hotmail, blogs and work email, there is a website I've been frequenting as of late. It is an amazing tool for tracking calories, exercise and weight loss. I've already lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. For some reason it helps me with 'accountability' - I need it big-time need when trying to stay committed to anything these days.
I have been on hundreds of diets throughout my lifetime....never really reaching my end goal. For the past three years I've been hoping to get pregnant thus thinking, "Well, clearly, this is not the best time to diet." (Nice excuse, huh? Sadly, I'm famous for 'em).
So, I've begun to get my life back together and instead of living in the "what ifs," I'm embracing "what is"....and that means being free to take care of myself the way I should.
***
Another cool perk? You can even be friends with people, facebook-style, to help you stay motivated and encouraged. Be my friend and we can encourage each other on the journey to getting healthy....and into those skinny jeans we just KNOW we'd look killer in....if we could just squeeze into them.
Oh, and a piece of advice? Don't record your exercise. The food tracker will amp up your calories and give you more carbs/fats/proteins. I find I'm more successful if I don't reap the benefits of extra calories due to a good workout.
***
When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber
When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber


No comments:
Post a Comment