
Upon returning from a wonderful Thanksgiving with Patrick's family in Sioux Falls, I found several texts, emails and messages from friends and family members telling me that they've read my blog and thanked me for writing it. I, of course, love hearing that others are enjoying my entries - it is so nice to hear...so, thank you!
I initially started this blog as a way to update friends and family who are interested in our journey. I have no idea who reads these - or who is interested in knowing our story...but that is OK. I realize now that I am really writing this for me.
Writing this blog has become my nightly therapy session. Every night I put on my PJ's and sit in front of my computer with Kramer at my feet and the therapy begins. I can certainly say that I appreciate the fact that it is free of charge and that it can be done in my pjs. I certainly spend enough time and money in doctors' offices at this point in my life!
So, maybe I consider myself the Carrie Bradshaw of infertility, (sans cigarette and Manolo Blahniks, of course). While I know that infertility is FAR less glamorous than Carrie's subject of interest, I have become addicted to sharing the stories that enlighten me on this baby-making journey. This blog has opened my eyes to the highlights I experience each day instead of the darkness that can easily swallow a girl whole.
I want to share so others can understand what its like to struggle with infertility. I need to share so that I can see the miracle of this journey.
There are, of course, days when our journey (or my attitude!) is far from "blog worthy" but this is a record of the journey and an honest record it will be...
I only hope that if you choose to spend a few minutes reading this blog, that it will somehow make your day better. Maybe it will help you understand your friend or family member who is dealing with infertility, maybe you are dealing with this issue and find solace in someone whom with you can relate, maybe you currently have a houseful of babies of your own and this blog makes you appreciate those little blessings even more than you already do or, let's be honest...maybe you just like reading stories about my furry baby, Kramer... :)
Whatever the reason - thank you for reading -I appreciate having company on this journey, too.
***
“Maybe there are no right moments, right guys, right answers...maybe you just have to say whats in your heart!” - Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw on Sex And The City
No comments:
Post a Comment