Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Few Good Books

Quick update: Our recent procedure went flawlessly and now we get to rest for awhile. The after effects of the hormones that I was on are kicking in to full gear at this point. I am feeling like I'm about to pop. One wrong move and I fear the worst! Other than that, things are fantastic. I am certainly enjoying a few weeks off of doctor appointments, injections and ultrasounds.

I am so thankful that God is in control of everything and I completely trust that it will turn out exactly as it is supposed to in the end. I've never before been so relaxed and absolutely certain that it will all be OK in the end.

***
So, on a side note...in my down time, I've started reading a lot these days. I find it my time to heal and regroup. I have found some really great books that deal with infertility and thought I'd share in case you (or someone you know) is interested:

1. I Am More Than My Infertility - GREAT tools for dealing with and rising above the challenge. This book is full of very useful, practical, honest ways to take care of yourself and others during the journey of infertility.

2. A Few Good Eggs - Great perspective from two very funny women who went through it all. This book allowed me to laugh at the absurdities of infertility. There truly are unending ways to find amusement in the process.... if you let yourself.


3. The Empty Picture Frame - Grab the Kleenexes. This is a heart wrenching autobiography that tells a personal story in words I could never muster. I highly recommend this book for those of you who are interested in understanding the raw pain of infertility and all that comes with it.

4. The Shack - This is a book unrelated to infertility. It is an amazing story that personifies the love of God. It changed the way I look at God's role in my life.


5. Love Your Life - Just as much as I appreciate reflecting on our journey...I love looking beyond it, too. This book is by Victoria Osteen (Joel Osteen's wife). This book is motivating and inspirational. Again...totally unrelated to infertility.


I own a few of these so, if you're interested in borrowing, I'm more than happy to share! Also, if you know of any more great books - let me know! Happy READING!
***
The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.
~James Bryce

No comments: