Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Plan


Well, I now have my plan laid out for me for the next week. I will begin my injections tomorrow and will take them for a week before I have another appointment to check on my progress. My doctor has decided to push the envelope a bit with the meds, so, she suggested that things could get a little uncomfortable for me. I'm not too worried, the meds have been pretty manageable so far in this journey. Aside from a few pesky pounds and some choice cuss words - I've come out unscathed...not pregnant, yet....but unscathed. Poor Patrick is the one who really suffers as one of the worst side effects of these meds is moodiness. :(


I've attached a pic of the follistim pen that sits in the butter drawer of my refrigerator. It comes in this neat little case with these cute little needles. I wish it was as fun as it looks. It honestly doesn't hurt - just burns a bit when the meds go in to my stomach. No big deal. The worst part is trying to remember to take it every night at 7 pm. I know, how hard can that be? You'd be surprised...


My doctor also prescribed some other meds that were run by me pretty quickly so, I'm not sure what they are for but...when the doctor says swallow this pill or inject this medicine...at this point, you just do it.

I will also be going in for a test that checks my fallopian tubes to make sure they are clear and functional. This is called an HSG or a "tubal dye study." My doctor will inject dye into my fallopian tubes and make sure there are no obstructions. Apparently it hurts like a labor contraction for a few minutes. Let's just decide that this is preparing me for things to come. :)

So, ready or not, here we go. The roller coaster has begun. I am hopeful. I know that it will be just as it is supposed to be. Your prayers are always, always, always appreciated.
***
Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.
~Mignon McLaughlin

2 comments:

Hilary said...

yes, i will be praying. i hope this is your time!

Mom said...

Not sure if you've done it yet but just take some advil before you go! It's over before you know it! The hardest part is the wondering what it will feel like part...before it actually starts. I'll be thinking of you....fingers and toes crossed for this new fresh month :)