
This morning, I am enjoying another leisurely cup of coffee at home because schools are two hours late again due to the cold temperatures. We are all excited to see the forecast predicting temps in the 30's this weekend. I might need to find my tanning lotion and flip flops. ;)
This week was a perfect week to have had some time off. I had four doctor appointments in the last five days. It has been crazy, but, because of the intense meds, my doctor (thankfully) is keeping a close eye on things.
Yesterday I learned that my body has reacted perfectly to the meds and we are ready to move forward Saturday with our procedure. I am feeling extremely bloated and tired because my ovaries are in absolute overdrive right now. Its quite frustrating to try to button my jeans at this point. I'm trying to appreciate the "pregnant look" right now...but, it isn't very amusing when I'm not actually pregnant! :(
There are definite risks for pushing this hard so, I have been instructed to forgo any exercise, heavy lifting or exertion for the next two weeks. The reason for this is because there are many small follicles that could rupture, thus causing internal bleeding (this is called, hyperstimulation). It is very rare, but I am still watching for warning signs.
I am so glad that the meds have worked as well as they have. We are feeling really great about tomorrow. However, we always recognize that doctors can only take us so far...after that, its thankfully, in our loving God's hands.
Thank you for the comments, e-mails, phone calls and hugs. You will never know how much your support means to both Patrick and I during this journey. We really, sincerely feel blessed.
Here we go! Your prayers are always, always, always appreciated. ;) Thank you!
***
Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve
1 comment:
okay. here you go. let's hope and pray this is your time!!
Post a Comment