I currently have the privilege of working in 5 Elementary School buildings in Mankato as a Continuous Improvement Coach. I have the rare opportunity to get into many different classrooms and observe many amazing teachers on a daily basis.
It is so much fun to watch people inspire kids. I absolutely adore teaching - but this has been a year of learning for me in many different ways. After my classroom visits, I often find myself walking away with a surprise "life lesson" under my belt.
Such was the case today.
This morning, I had the opportunity to observe a fantastic Kindergarten class. As class began, they all moved to the Reading Corner where they stood up, placed their hands over their hearts and recited this pledge:
Life Goals Pledge
I will do the right thing today,
even if I don't feel like it.
I will treat people right today,
even if I don't feel like it.
Today I will remember that my will power is stronger
than what I feel or think.
All things are possible today.
Good news is coming my way.
even if I don't feel like it.
I will treat people right today,
even if I don't feel like it.
Today I will remember that my will power is stronger
than what I feel or think.
All things are possible today.
Good news is coming my way.
***
Can you picture it? Twenty adorable, little 5-year-old students reciting the words to this Pledge? It was incredible. I was touched and inspired. If these little miracles, who are just learning how to live life, can pledge to live each day like this....shouldn't I?I definitely learned a valuable "life lesson" today.
Thank you Bridges Kindergarten class!
***
Thank you Bridges Kindergarten class!
***
"All I ever needed to know, I learned in kindergarten."

No comments:
Post a Comment