
Happy Father's Day to all of the dad's out there! I hope you enjoyed your day!
We spent the weekend in Sioux Falls celebrating Father's Day with Patrick's mom and dad and are taking my parents out tonight to our fave Mexican restaurant (El Mazatlan...yum!) to continue the "Father's Day festivities" for my side of the family.
***
This day (like Mother's Day) proves to be a little bittersweet for me. I want Patrick to be able to celebrate this holiday more than anything. I want him to be a daddy - I just can't wait for the day I can tell him that this has become a reality. He will make the most amazing father in the world.
It is tough to want to give my husband the child he wants so badly but to not be able to make this happen. Every month I plan exactly how I might give him the good news if we finally get it (even though I realize this news would most likely come across as an inaudible scream into the telephone - its still fun to dream about delivering that message to him in a fun, special way). ;) It is really painful to have to look him in the eye each month and tell him "not this time."
There are times when he holds my nephew or plays with my nieces and I absolutely melt. I just can't wait to see him hold our little baby for the fist time. I'm certain there will be tears....
-
As for now, we'll keep waiting. We will keep hoping and we will keep believing. We believe so strongly in God's favor and in His ability to turn the "impossible" into the "possible." It will happen. One day Patrick and I will be celebrating Mother's Day and Father's Day as two of the happiest parents on the planet.***
Happy Father's Day to my dad! Thank you for your love, support and dedication. I appreciate you more than you know! Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment