Its snowing so beautifully outside today - I'm definitely in the holiday spirit...so is Kramer. ;)
I am, by no means, Martha Stewart - Betty Crocker - or June Cleaver but, I do have a few holiday recipes that are quickly becomming family favorites. I am going to post two of them for any of you who need something easy and delicious this holiday season.
Here you go, Melissa!
Pumpkin Cheesecake
2 packages of Philedelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash each of ground cloves and nutmeg
1 Ready-to-Use Graham Cracker crumb crust
Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs. Mix until blended.
Stir pumpkin and spices into 1 cup of the batter. Pour the remaining batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Pecan Krispy Mix (Sweet Chex Mix Treat!)
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 Cups Crispix cereal
1 cup pecans
1 cup pretzels
1 cup peanuts
1 cup dried fruit
Boil butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Pour mixture over cereal mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Stir and bake another 8 minutes. Cool on wax paper. Add 1 cup each of peanuts, raisins or dried fruit (I love dried apricots!).
Note: You can also substitute the cereal mix above with Traditional Chex Mix. It still tastes great!
Happy Baking this holiday season!

2 comments:
Ooohhhhh yummy!!! Thank you thank you thank you for the pumpkin cheesecake recipe!!! It is to die for! I am also going to try your chex mix recipe to fill those boxes we got when we were shopping for teacher gifts! We really need to start meeting in New Ulm more often to shop ~ that was SO much fun!!!
Love, love, love that picture of Kramer! So darn cute! I couldn't agree with you more; I love this time of year:)
Post a Comment