Sunday, December 13, 2009

'Tis The Season For Giving!



'Tis the season for giving! 

I love the task of hunting down the perfect gifts for my family and friends.  There is nothing I like better than surprising a loved one with something that truly brightens his or her day. Because infertility has a way of taking over absolutely every aspect of one's life, I thought I'd post some possible, infertile-friendly gifts in case you or someone you love is enduring a similar journey.

...yes, most are in good fun - but, some are tried and true!  Enjoy!  ;)

Gift List:
1.  Books to help her learn how to cope - here are two of my faves:



2.  SPA gift certificates to help her relax - because if she had a nickel for every time someone told her to "JUST RELAX!"  she'd be a freaking millionaire!

3.  A 2010 calendar - to help her keep track of the ridiculous schedule and organization that infertility treatments require.


 4.  Excedrin - there are many headaches on this journey. 

5.  Victoria's Secret gift certificate - or as some call it "motivation" to keep trying month after month after month after month....  ;) 

So much of this journey is so, incredibly UN-glamorous, 
its nice to have a little glitz and glam to inspire, sometimes...right?!  ;)

6.  A Journal - for her to record her journey.  It is an important story for her to remember, plus,  writing is an excellent source of therapy.

7.  A photo album - to encourage her to capture the wonderful moments of having an unexpected extension of the "newlywed phase" of marriage.

8.  A puppy - to remind her that "motherhood" comes in many forms.  ;)

                                        Baby Kramer                                    
9.  A phone call, a hug or an encouraging card - because this journey is very difficult. 
Note:  As with several of these gift ideas - this would be welcomed by the man enduring this journey, as well.  They are so often the silent heroes of the journey, and rarely get the recognition or support that they so desperately need.  Please don't forget the men - its just as hard on them.

10.  A t-shirt to remind her all of the things she is...and is becoming... on her journey.  Here are my "be;ology" faves - I own three ;)

11.  A bottle of wine (or as I prefer, champagne) - I trust this needs no explanation.  ;)

Best wishes as you hunt for the perfect treasures for your loved ones this season. 
Happy Shopping!
***
Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.  
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Hi! I am up for a coffee whenever you have the time.