Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 1 = Bad Mood :(

Warning:  This post is going to contain whining and complaining dripping with ridiculous sarcasm.  If this will annoy you or cause you to look down your nose at me, then I invite you to close this post now, and check back when I'm in a better mood. 


Consider yourself warned....



Since you're choosing to still read this, I can only assume that you are OK with me being in a sour mood this evening.  You see, today is Day 1 and I am feeling quite cranky, under-the-weather and very "Debbie Downer-ish."  I am choosing to "wallow and post."  That combo should probably be just as illegal as drinking and driving -but, its not - so, here goes.

I am not sad its Day 1 - disappointed, yes, but - I wasn't planning on actually getting pregnant this month.  We are still choosing to not see our infertility doctor and don't plan to for awhile.  That being said, we are always hopeful.  I'm not sad, but, I am cranky.

So, yes, today is "Day 1."  I have to applaud Mother Nature for her fierce way of reminding me each month how NOT pregnant I am.  This not-so-friendly reminder typically begins with a killer migraine that flattens me for the better part of a day.  Then it turns into a serious foul mood (case and point), an unsightly blemish (or two or three) and ends with stomach cramps that usually have me doubled over in pain for a good day or two.  Wow - good work Mother Nature - bravo!  There is no room to miss your point.  I am NOT pregnant.  Got it.  Thanks.

Being that I've been in a sour mood the past few days, it was no joy to be working with a very troubled student this past week.  While I adore teaching, I do not adore working with a difficult child when I learn that the child's ridiculous behavior stems from the birth mother's selfish vice:  A crack addiction during pregnancy.  Aside from a broken heart for this poor boy, there are so many things that anger me about this....one being how ridiculous it seems to me that Patrick and I have given up caffeine, alcohol, gluten, and the better part of our savings account in the name of conception, while some women actually conceive while smoking crack?!  Lovely.  I think I'll mention this to my doctor - I'm guessing crack is way more fun than Clomid. 

Lastly, I did make the insane choice to go shopping today - for jeans - enough said.  Ug.  What was I thinking???

I actually have several other things to whine about today - but - I feel I've already stretched this rant about as far as I should go.  Thank you for choosing to read the Chronicles of a Woman on "Day 1."  I hope you at least got a good laugh at my expense....its certainly not pretty - but, I gave you fair warning.  ;)

Now, I'm going to put on my stretchy pants and quarantine myself to my room with a can of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting I found buried in the back of my cupboard.  (God bless it - it is gluten free).  See you on the other side!  ;)

***
10 Signs that You Have "Estrogen Issues"
1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
5. You're using your cell phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1-800-"
6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."
9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

No comments: