Monday, March 15, 2010

Healthy Snack Suggestion


I have not had a piece of bread, a bagel, a cracker or even a crouton in two weeks.  It has not been nearly as difficult as I thought.  Woo Hoo!  ;)

Thanks to a friend who made me a special lunch and sent me home with some gluten free bread (delicious, Sara) -  and my mom who brought us a "gluten-free care package" full of our new favorite treat, I'm really not missing the carbs that once consumed my diet.

Here is a quick recommendation, even if you aren't going "gluten free" - Our favorite new snack are Larabars.  (You can find them at Hy-Vee or Cub - organic section).  They are an awesome, filling snack.  I bet even kids would love the Peanut Butter or Coconut Chocolate bars.  ;)  (Thanks, mom for the variety - we are having fun trying new flavors). 


 LÄRABAR is a delicious blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices - energy in its purest form. Made from 100% whole food, each flavor contains no more than eight ingredients. Pure and simple, just as nature intended.  GLUTEN FREE * DAIRY FREE * SOY FREE * NON-GMO * VEGAN * KOSHER
***
He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors. 
~Chinese Proverb

P.S. I've officially been "published."  
Click on this link and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.  ;)  

No comments: