Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Silver Lining


I had my blood work checked again today - I was praying for lower levels so that I could skirt around having surgery...unfortunately, God had other plans.

My levels stayed the same, therefore, my doctor recommended a D and C to finalize the process. I will go in Friday for a pre-operation consultation and will hopefully have the procedure done early next week.

It was disappointing, but, as I sit here - I have one resounding thought that is at the forefront of my mind. In the middle of this mess, it has become crystal clear to me that I am blessed by an absolutely incredible network of support.

It is in times like this when, not only do you recognize your own personal strength (even when you don't want to be strong), but you also recognize just how blessed you are to have family and friends who love and care about you.

Patrick and I have been inundated with phone calls, texts, emails, and even songs! (thanks, Skyler ;) from California, to Texas and from South Dakota to (of course) Minnesota. I feel so blessed to have family and friends who truly circle their wagons to be by our side in any way they can to ensure that Patrick and I are doing OK. This is a truly humbling phenomenon for us.

We are doing OK. We will make it through this just fine. We fully recognize that there are far worse situations that we could be facing.

So, there is always a silver lining...

At first, I wasn't sure I would find one in this mess, but I did. Thank you friends and family for being my silver lining today.
***
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
- Sent by Donna Roberts

1 comment:

Marian Adrian said...

Oh my gosh Beth, you ARE being so strong! My heart goes out to you guys. Love you, love you, love you! (I know I can't tell you that enough)